[FGDL-L] Updated Florida Geographic Data Library Site

Sam Palmer sam at geoplan.ufl.edu
Tue Dec 27 14:25:52 EST 2022

Dear FGDL List,
The Florida Geographic Data Library (FGDL) fgdl.org has a new and
expanded website! It serves as a hub for all ways to discover, explore,
and download current and archived FGDL data. This overhaul has been
years in the making and driven by discussions with our sponsor, Florida
Department of Transportation.  Special thanks to the Environmental
Screening Tool (EST) users and developers.

Below are a few highlights of the new website:

  * *FGDL Explorer*: New interactive map viewer to explore and download
    data. Users can also create simple maps and save them directly from
    the website.
  * *Current Data Catalog*: Replaces the Metadata Explorer, with
    improved search and filtering for discovering data as well as map
    services links (if available).
  * *Archive Data Catalog: *The archive data catalog makes available
    almost 4,000 older versions of FGDL layers. These archive layers can
    aid in temporal or change analyses.
  * *FGDL Zips:*For the power user that doesn't need search, all zip
    files are available in HTTPS accessible folders

For more information please see this blog post
<https://www.geoplan.ufl.edu/updated-florida-geographic-data-library-site/>.

We have tried hard to listen to all questions and comments to improve
the user experience. We encourage you to let us know how you use the
library by leaving us a comment here <https://fgdl.org/contact/>.

Thanks,

FGDL Team